This comes after concerns that schools and other learning institutions are becoming the latest Covid-19 hotspots.
Some of the new Covid-19 measures for schools announced by Information Minister Monica Mutsvangwa include the following:
- enhancement of surveillance and contact-tracing at schools and in the surrounding communities;
- increasing on-site COVID-19 testing of all suspected cases, contacts and surrounding communities;
- isolation and management of all COVID-19-positive cases;
- quarantining of those exposed;
- restriction of movement into and out of the affected schools until the outbreaks have been controlled;
- enhancement of public health and social protocols, including social distancing, hand washing, sanitization and wearing of face masks;
- empowering teachers to detect and report suspected cases;
- enhancement of awareness campaigns in schools and surrounding communities; and
- vaccination of all eligible populations in schools and surrounding communities.