• Home > lifestyle > Gold miners die after inhaling toxic gases

    Gold miners die after inhaling toxic gases

    By Newsreport.co.zw | Published: 14 Oct 2021

    Three illegal gold miners panning for the mineral at JC Mine, Surprise near Shurugwi died on Wednesday after inhaling toxic gases believed to be emitted from a shaft.
    The deceased are Gilbert Makusha (26), Mabuto Vusa (21) and Barnabas Muzila (26) all from Dombojena Village under Chief Nhema.
    Midlands acting Police spokesperson Xolani Dube confirmed the case.
    Sources told The Mirror that the deceased were pumping water 20m underground using a petrol water pump. Makusha entered the shaft to check water levels and inhaled the toxic gas and died. Mabuto and Muzila followed later and they were also both gassed to death.
    The bodies were discovered by Makusha ‘s brother who reported the case at Shurugwi Police Station.

    mirror

    Comments

    Admin

    Feel free to comment anything you want and keep it in mind that your personal details that include, your phone number and email address shall not be made public or given to any security state agencies for security reasons.

    16 Oct 2021

    Leave a Comment

    Note: Your Email address and phone number won't be published to anyone and it shall be kept privately and securely.

    Subscribe for email newsletter

    Keep my details in your database